It’s often said that salespeople are “born, not made.” That may be true for traits like resilience, assertiveness and serious mindedness. However, it is not true for the essential processes and skills associated with effective selling. They must be learned.
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR SALES SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
Great salespeople solve problems. They can also find problems that people didn’t even know they had. In his 2012 bestselling book, “To Sell is Human”, author Daniel Pink noted that according to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, one in nine Americans worked in sales. But now… so do the other eight. Like it or not, almost everyone is spending their days trying to move others to do things and to build relationships.
Much of the shift has to do with the emergence of technology. Back in the 1980s, people needed to trust salespeople for information on a product, whereas now they can easily research a product and company themselves, in a matter of minutes. This shift has changed the qualities needed for a salesperson to be successful: you now must be likable and relatable, for a person to want to do business with you.
The Sales Acumen Survey (SAS) is designed to provide an assessment of your own understanding and approach to successful relationship selling.
NEED TO EVALUATE YOUR SALESPEOPLE?
In any company, the sales team plays a pivotal role in the success of the business. They bridge the gap between the customer’s needs and the products or services that are being offered.
But given that sales styles have changed more in the past 10 years than in the previous 100 years, what if your salespeople aren’t keeping up? How can that impact your business’ success? Success is almost impossible – in any field – without solid sales skills:
Only 47.3% of sellers are closing what they forecast to close ¹
Only 54.3% of salespeople achieve their monthly quota, down from 63% in 2014 ¹
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR SALES MANAGERS
The Sales Acumen Survey (SAS) helps diagnose how skilled salespeople are, across the seven steps of the sales process:
- First meeting
- Working with objections
- Getting the business
Plus: General sales knowledge
However, success isn’t based solely on their knowledge of the relationship sales process. Other factors are also measured, including contributory personality traits that are known to be important pieces in the sales success puzzle.
Using the information generated by the SAS, Sales Managers who are frustrated by under-performing salespeople, can identify:
- Specific areas of low performance behaviour
- What specific areas are holding back your sales team
- Why sales people are not achieving monthly sales budgets
- Who has poor cold calling skills
- What stage they are failing at in the new account process
- Why certain sales people have low sales of monthly promotions
- Why some sales people struggle to close sales
Using the Sales Acumen Survey as a development tool, Sales Managers report 23-25% productivity gains in marginal sales producers and a similar reduction in staff turnover, after 12 months. ²
5 ways it works
- Evaluates your teams’ consultative sales skills across the seven steps in the sales process
- Identifies each team member’s individual sales skill strengths
- Clearly identifies each team member’s lower performance sectors
- Training and skill development suggestions, when a team member scores below the seventieth percentile in a key sales step
- Targeted training recommendations include books, podcasts and associated targeted sales skill development solutions
7 advantages it offers
- Introduces a personal development approach to your team
- Also allows for individual assessment
- Third-party, private process to evaluate a low performer
- Aids decision making whether low performers have the skills required
- Based on the results, a clear training and development plan can be devised
- May be utilised as a recruitment assessment tool
- Simple and cost effective
Individual Sales Acumen Surveys start from $295 + GST